MPT LEVEL II INFORMATION
MAGNETIC PARTICLE TESTING
Magnetic Partical Inspection (MPI) is used to detect casting, forging and weld surface defects such as hairline and fatigue cracks on in-service components.
Magnetic particle inspection is a cost effective and efficient method of testing ferromagnetic components for discontinuities.
In a fabrication environment it is used to locate surface and near surface weld defects.
Magnetic Partical Inspection can also be used using fluorescent consumables and ultra-violet black lamps. This is a common technique for the inspection of turbine blades.
- Principle of Magnetic Particle Testing
- Type of Magnetization
- Type of Magnetizing Current
- Magnetic Particle Testing Equipment
- Method of De-Magnetization
- Magnetic Particle Medium
- Magnetic Particle Testing Techniques
- Magnetic Particle Testing Procedures
- Evaluation of Indications and Acceptance Standards
- SSLC ,Higher Secondary/equivalent,VHSE,ITI,DIPLOMA OR Equivalent
- NDT TECHNICIAN