UT LEVEL II INFORMATION
Ultrasonic testing is performed on steel and other metals and alloys Ultrasonic Inspection can detect sub-surface irregularities and flaws in welds. The technique is fast effective and sensitive, the results are instant.
The technique is most ideally suited for material thickness in excess of 8mm wall, with no upper limit.
When defects are detected their exact location and orientation can be identified, to allow prompt and efficient repair.
Ultrasonic testing (UT), very short ultrasonic pulse-waves with center frequencies ranging from 0.1- 15 MHz and occasionally up to 50 MHz are launched into materials to detect internal flaws.
A common example is ultrasonic thickness measurement, which tests the thickness of the test object, for example, to monitor pipework corrosion.
Ultrasonic Inspection is totally reliant on the skill of the operator. All NDT Training Coimbatore instructors are approved to ASNT Lev II
- Principle and Type of Ultrasonic Propagation
- Properties of Ultrasonic
- Types of Transducers
- Ultrasonic Testing Methods
- Ultrasonic Testing Techniques
- Calibration of Equipment
- Instrument Control
- Method for Evaluating Discontinuities
- Ultrasonic Testing Procedures for different components
- Ultrasonic Testing Procedures for Welds
- Code Requirement
- Acceptance Criteria for Weld Metals
- SSLC ,Higher Secondary/equivalent,VHSE,ITI,DIPLOMA OR Equivalent
- NDT TECHNICIAN in Automotive, Aerospace and Refineries.